This is so odd, it deserves a ‘Sunday Internet Stuff’post of it’s own.
I was perusing the internet this week (when am I not doing that to be honest?) and I was having a look on Firebox. This is a website that’s good for geeks and buying the more stranger gifts that you might need. It’s pretty much geek heaven. I noticed that there was a section on there called WFT?! and that just screamed at me to check it out. Nestled in these web pages I found something called Project Utopia with a picture that looked like it came straight out of a Bond movie.
Not surprisingly a price isn’t listed but is POA (price on application) which leads me to believe that I will never ever be able to afford it! Especially when the description says that it will set you back several hundred million pounds. But it’s good to dream about these things so, if you happen to have some several hundred million pounds lying down the back of the sofa, here’s what your money can get you:
- It is 100m in width and breadth and is split over 11 decks.
- It is designed for minimal motion, even in the most choppy of seas – good for those millionaires who have seasickness!
- There is a wet dock and several helipads.
- A retractable canopy covers the uppermost deck – shade anyone?
- On the ’13th’ floor there is an observatory with 360 degree views (at this point I’m imagining Bond pretty much naked and on a sheepskin rug!)
- Accomodates 70 crew and up to 16 guests.
- It comes with a dive dock and submarine!!!!
OMG!!! I’m guessing that, since this is a concept model, you can add pretty much anything you want as long as you have enough cash. I know no one reading this blog is likely to have the money to pay for this but looking at things like this make me happy!!!
For more information (and if you want to see how the other half live, visit here.
Oh, and just so you know, in the WTF?! section you can also get a replica Batmobile, Delorean, a Villain chair and a giant gumball machine.